England Premier League — 02 September 2012

Swansea and Everton both lost their 100 per cent records in the Premier League yesterday. Swansea drew 2-2 with Sunderland at the Liberty Stadium.

Black Cats debutant Steven Fletcher scored opened the scoring just before the break.

Swansea winger Wayne Routledge equalised just minutes later after a superb ball from Nathan Dyer.

Fletcher enjoyed a dream debut as he scored his second just before the break to put the Black Cats into the lead.

The Swans wasn’t finished though and Spanish midfielder Miguel Michu headed home Jonathan De Guzman’s cross. The home side were reduced to ten men when defender Chico went into a challenge with Louis Saha recklessly. Despite going down to ten men the Swans looked the more likely winner. However, the game remained square.

Everton lost their 100 per cent record at West Brom, losing 2-0 at the Hawthorns. The first half was goalless. The Baggies took the lead through striker Shane Long, before defender Gareth McAuley doubled their lead in the second half.

Tottenham drew 1-1 with Norwich at White Hart Lane. For a second consecutive week Spurs threw away the points in the dying embers of the match. The first half was goalless, before substitute Moussa Dembele opened the scoring on his debut.

Tottenham were reduced to ten men in the second half as substitute Tom Huddlestone was sent-off. Norwich took advantage scoring a deserved equaliser in the 85th minute courtesy of Robert Snodgrass.

West Ham secured a comfortable 3-0 home victory over Fulham. The Irons were in the lead after less than a minute Kevin Nolan firing home. Winston Reid headed home the second for the home side. Matt Taylor made it three before half-time to seal the points for the Irons.

Wigan and Stoke drew 2-2 at the DW Stadium. The first two goals came from penalty kicks. Shaun Maloney gave the Latics the lead from the spot, before Jon Walters fired home from the spot for the visitors.

Franco Di Santo fired the home side back into the lead early in the second half, before Peter Crouch headed home an equaliser for the Potters.

In the late kick-off Manchester City defeated QPR 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium. City were in control of the game in the first half and midfielder Yaya Toure fired the home side into the lead. City didn’t take their chances though and against the run of play QPR equalised through Bobby Zamora.

However, City came back and Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko gave the Citizens the lead and in injury-time striker Carlos Tevez fired home a third goal.

Who achieved the best result on match week three?


About Author

David Nugent

David is a 29 year-old football fan and journalist, who is passionate about the beautiful game. He is a lifelong supporter of Premier League Everton and likes nothing better than a healthy discussion about the world's favourite sport.

(0) Readers Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *